Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring BREAK?

So this week I'm on spring break, except I technically have no break at all...

I'm at home for the week and aside from working on a big project for school, I also have to redo the pool house bedroom.... which is turning out to be a lengthy task... I also plan on transferring all home videos to DVDs for my dads birthday on Friday, and I also am hoping I have time to make the upholstered headboard that I've been wanting to make FOREVER (and by FOREVER I mean 2 weeks).

Any who... The project I'm working on is a penthouse in an upscale high-rise apartment complex IN SHANGHAI, CHINA. Definitely a challenge! Since Shanghai is so westernized, and part of the assignment is to bring the local culture into the design, it's been really difficult to find a balance between "Chinese restaurant overkill" and "comfortable livable Chinese".  This design is for an American couple who travels a lot and spends at least 3 months out of the year in Shanghai for business.  This is what I've come up with so far...

This is the plan for the living room. There will be dark floors with a hint of gold, and the ceiling will be  black and heavily lacquered.  The barstools and all of the lighting is from Arteriors Home (who I LOVE) and I found the rest of the furniture using ShopAD and 1st Dibs. The area rug is from The Rug Company. Sidenote- I have an off-white fabric with the same design as the gold lamp that will be going on the slipper chairs (EEK!!)

I have everything picked out for the other rooms (master bedroom, home office, dining room, and two balconies) but without the fabric samples to show you, it makes no sense and looks naked, and since we only work with discontinued samples I can't find them online to post!

This is my favorite part of what I'm doing in school. Making these "rooms" on PowerPoint is the closest I actually get to seeing these designs come to life... I can't wait to actually be able to see my ideas and plans in action.



I'll be posting the pool house venture next! (and hopefully a post about my upholstered headboard project!)


See ya'll next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment